Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my Intiatives to show above Epics in Roadmap?

Baylor Peak January 18, 2022

Hello all,

I created a new issue type of "Initiative" and a custom Hierarchy that has Initiative above Epics, ensured my Issue Source is set to my Project and set all the appropriate Schemes and Screens.

That said, when I go to Roadmap, it shows my Initiatives underneath Epics, what am I missing please? :)

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2022

Hi @Baylor Peak

From your screenshot it looks like you're using Basic Roadmaps rather than Advanced Roadmaps - you can read a bit more about the differences here

The reason you're seeing this is that custom hierarchy levels above Epics are only recognised within Advanced Roadmaps itself - in the rest of Jira these issue types are actually on the Story level, thus your Initiative under the Epic in Basic Roadmaps.

If you have a Jira Premium subscription, you can create an Advanced Roadmap from the "Plans" dropdown in the top navigation bar, and you'll be able to configure the plan to see your issues in the custom hierarchy that you've defined, including above the epic level!

Hope this helps :)

Baylor Peak January 18, 2022

Ahh crap....totally forgot you create them under Plans.... Yup, we have Premium and I just solved my issue - thank you sir :)

Like # people like this
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2022

No worries at all - happy planning!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events