Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Auto scheduler to only schedule future dates?

Louise Heller January 16, 2023

Hi all, 

I'm using auto-scheduler to create a high level project schedule, selecting epics only to schedule at this stage. 

However i'm running into an issue which i haven't been able to find the cause of; Auto-scheduler keeps assigning my epics to past dates (-2months). 

Steps i've taken to address this: 

- removed any prescribed dates

- removed any sprints

- set epic one start date to today 

no luck with this so far, thanks in advance. 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2023

Hi @Louise Heller

by a short test in my Plan I was not able to reproduce it. Is it sure that for "Target Start" and "Target End" no dates are entered and is it also safe that Jira and the client PC are having the appropriate date set?

Best regards,
Daniel

Louise Heller January 19, 2023

HI Daniel ,

I've confirmed that the Target start and end fields are empty and the Client PC is the appropriate date. this is on Jira Cloud, so i don't seem to be able to edit the date - but it is correct, i see this by the Advanced roadmap's orange; today marker. 

So strange! 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2023

@Louise Heller Strange, indeed. In case there won't be replies it could make sense to create a request with Atlassian Support, your plan should allow you to create a request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events