Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get "team sprints" to link directly to Teams?

Leopold van Lynden November 20, 2020

Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 11.19.19.pngAbove you can see how my sprint scrum board pulls through to the teams view planner in AR. I'm not sure if we're set up wrong in JIRA or AR but basically in JIRA we hvae four simultaneous sprints for each fortnight.

We know the capacity for each team and we schedule the work into each sprint. I've then created Shared Teams in AR, assigned users and capacity and put the issue source to the Sprint Planner scrum board, which all kind of works but leads to this weird view of having multiple sprints per team - definitely not doing something right here.

Should we just have one sprint per period and differentiate the teams differently? We currently use labels to mark which tasks are for which team so we can filter the capacity in the backlog sprint view. This is has been driving me insane for about a month now! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2020

Hi @Leopold van Lynden ,

I suspect the reason that this is happening is that you only have one board as an issue source for the plan and that all the sprints appear on that board?

The way that I would recommend you set up your plans / boards would be as follows:

1. Create your plan
  2. Create teams in the plan for each team and use Share them so that they are visible from issue details pages
  3. Create a JQL filter for each team (e.g. projects = "PRO" and team = "Team 1")
  4. Create boards in the project from each of the filters that you've created
  5. Go back to the plan and add in each of those boards as additional issue sources
  6. Go to the "Teams" tab and then associate each team with the appropriate board (via the "Associated issue source" menu)

That way you'll only see the sprints from each teams board. This also means that each team gets their own board (which can help with planning).

Hopefully that all makes sense and I've explained it clearly, but if not please let me know and I'll provide some more details

Regards,

Dave

Leopold van Lynden November 24, 2020

Thank you very much Dave, really appreciate the feedback. Going to try this out and will report back. Thank you! 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Leopold van Lynden December 2, 2020

Hi @Dave that worked so think we're all good, thanks for helping, massive appreciation. :)

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2020

No worries @Leopold van Lynden - glad I was able to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events