Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra issue types are being changed by Portfolio for Jira

Brian January 16, 2019

Background information:

Using Jira 7.6.3 with Portfolio for Jira 2.21.0 and we have the "new planning experience" turned on.

Problem statement:

Unrelated issues are being changed by Portfolio when I review changes and have the opportunity to commit them to Jira.  If there is no direct parent-child relationship between an issue, it makes no sense to me that Portfolio changes data for that issue.  See pictures below.

Plan details:

I've created a plan with the following issue type hierarchy:

Hierarchy levels.png

The source issues for my Plan are:

Issue sources.png

My plan before clicking "Review Changes".  Note how I have 3 epics with a handful of stories in each.  2 epics have the same parent Initiative and 1 epic has a different parent Initiative.  Both of my Initiatives are tied to the same Product and this Product is tied to 1 Portfolio which is tied to 1 LoB as the hierarchy I've made dictates.

Before review changes.png

Picture of all the issues that Portfolio is trying to change that don't make sense to me.  I've pointed out a few that should have nothing to do with this particular plan.

review changes screenshot.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
samrobertsofficial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2019

Hi @Brian,

From what I can tell, it looks like these changes happened due to using optimize, is this correct? 

We've looked into it, and it appears to be a bug. There shouldn't be a new change created when the date doesn't change. We've added this to our backlog as something that must be fixed. I can't say for sure when a fix will be released, but I'll reply to this when it is made.

I know this isn't ideal, but for now you can discard the changes that don't make sense. 

Thanks for letting us know about this issue,

Sam

Brian January 18, 2019

Hello Sam,

That's correct.  I hit optimize and then after I do that there's a button that comes up (which you can see in my 3rd picture) labeled "Review changes".  When I click that, that is when I begin to see all these other issues come up that have no relation to my plan.  

As you can see in my picture, I have a really simple demo plan built up with a demo Jira project.  Only 3 epics, a handful of stories for each epic and a couple Initiatives for each epic.  You can see my hierarchy in the picture above too.

Honestly I'd rather have it be a bug then something I'm doing wrong.  It's troublesome because of some of those related issues have Assignee's with notifications turned on, they receive email's everytime I do something which they complain about. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events