Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluded Issues without parents - but they continue to appear in my plan!

Deleted user April 24, 2020

I have a Portfolio plan that is pulling in initiatives, milestones, epics, and stories from several boards. Whenever I try to exclude the issues without a parent (in the edit issue sources view), a handful of these issues without parents appear in the plan anyway! I've tried excluding these issues without a parent multiple times, but each time, a few random (out of hundreds) milestones, epics, and stories appear under the "Issues without parent" at the bottom of my scope view. Am I missing something? Is there a way to not include issues without parents at all?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

What could work is setting up a JQL filter that would look like  PROJECT IN (A, B, C) AND "Parent Link" IS NOT EMPTY and using that JQL filter as the issue source.

This would solve most of the cases but not the case of a story belonging to an epic that does not belong to an initiative.

For that, you would need an addon like scriptrunner to allow you to query in a recursive manner.

Hopefully, that will point you in the right direction!

Deleted user April 28, 2020

Thanks Roi. We currently use boards as the issue source so that we can get sprint and velocity data. 

My concern is that the action of excluding issues without parents when configuring issue sources for the plan is broken...if I've unchecked EVERY issue without parent, why do some random 5 epics (out of hundreds!) without parents still appear in the plan?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events