Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimates in Advanced Roadmaps for JIRA does not show values to all

Katja Luumi April 14, 2021

In DataCenter-version Advanced Roadmaps we have added field Estimates. We have added some values to that field and yes, we have reviewed our changes. Seems like everybody can not see those values. They see only empty field for Estimate. 

Is it really so that only admins (seems like we who are seeing that field are admins) can see value of Estimates? Or am I somehow loosing it?

2 answers

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2021

Hey @Katja Luumi,

Just a few things to clarify on your question...

Seems like everybody can not see those values.

Is this on the Jira issue details screen or on the plan?

yes, we have reviewed our changes

So just to confirm, that you've saved those changes after reviewing! smile

What estimation unit is configured for the plan? (story points, hours or days?) and what value are you checking for (if you're looking at the issue details screen).

There should be no permissions related reason why one user would be able to see a field value if they have access to the issue.

Regards,

Dave

Katja Luumi April 18, 2021

Hi Dave,

Thanks for confirming. I am in the plan side (I learned that one can not see those estimates in JIRA side at all) and my collegue do not see those estimates. Estimates are done with days and I am watching field called Estimates (d). There are 2 of us who can see those values, both of us happen to be admins. I have confirmed with my collegue (who does not see values) that field is added to plan and field is visible, but it does not show any values. 

Values have been reviewed = saved and we 2 (admins) can see values.  

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2021

OK, thanks for that extra info.... do you know if you have scenarios enabled for the plan and if everyone is looking at the same scenario? (the URL should match exactly - including the "sid" request parameter).

Does everyone see the values for the estimate before the changes are saved to Jira?

Regards,

Dave

0 votes
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Have you double checked your individual plan permissions configuration? Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 10.04.20 AM.png

I experienced this issue when I first setup my roadmaps too. I'm trying to remember how I resolved it, but if memory serves, I believe it was this set of permissions that was the issue. :)

Katja Luumi April 15, 2021

I have not, thanks for the hint, I will check and come back if that was the case. In anycase, those guys can see the plan and they can see the field and they can not see values in the field.

I will take a look for that access stuff. Thanks @elizabeth_jones  

Katja Luumi April 18, 2021

This was not the thing, permissions seems to be ok. Any other proposals :)

Like elizabeth_jones likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events