Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Sprint Start Dates in Portfolio

Luke Burkey August 16, 2018

Due to vacations / other initiatives, our sprint work had been paused for a week. I have 3 sprints that have been created in the backlog (showing in portfolio), but none of them have started. The timeline on the capacity view is all scewed because it incorrectly assumes the sprint already started. Will the problem be fixed when I start "sprint 69"?

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 8.54.14 AM.png

What I'm really trying to get at: how can I modify Portoflio so I can set start and end dates for the sprints?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2018

Hi @Luke Burkey,

When you start a sprint in Jira you can actually provide the start date. I would suggest that you start the sprint with the date you actually plan to start working on it.

I've tested this in my local Portfolio instance and have verified that Portfolio correctly uses the start date of the sprint that I assigned when starting the sprint.

This should result in your capacity view showing correctly.

I can't think of any other way of resolving this issue - I hope this helps,

Regards,

The Portfolio Team

Luke Burkey August 17, 2018

Thank you @Dave. I started my sprint yesterday with the proper start/end dates and the off view resolved itself. Much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events