Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Jira Advanced Roadmaps accommodate only 1 type of custom issue hierarchy?

Haydos July 19, 2022

My question is a follow up to the following Atlassian Community post:

Custom issue and issue hierarchy (atlassian.com)

If a custom issue and issue hierarchy is defined using Advanced Roadmaps, is that configuration fixed for every project developed across the organisation moving forward? I would like a custom issue and issue hierarchy for my team, but I would not want to impose this setup across the broader organisation.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Haydos July 19, 2022

Ah, it seems the answer is no!

I have been directed to another community post that seems to answer this question.

Solved: Does Advanced Roadmaps support multiple unique hie... (atlassian.com)

Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2022

That is correct. It only supports one across the site. 

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2022

@Haydos -

Advanced Roadmap Issue Hierarchy setup is at per site basis.  However, you can have multiple issue types defined at the same level in the hierarchy configuration.

Example - 

Initiative is normally setup to a parent of Epic, you can implement another issue type to be at the same level as Initiative (i.e. Functional Area Goal).  This will allow you to handle different areas needs.  The drawback of this is that you will need to keep on top of the setup and control it not going over-board just because a team/area doesn't like to use Initiative to roll-up their Epic.

Hope this give you some ideas.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events