It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Configuring hours project wise Edited

how do i configure working hours project wise right, if i try to change hours it updates all the projects exists in JIRA instead of particular project.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Jun 13, 2019

Hi @Ashish Nagpal 

Working hours for JIRA Software and core are system-wide while for service desk it is per project.

I will suggest looking up add-ons in the marketplace  to workaround your requirement or check jira.atlassian.com to see if a feature request like this has been raised and if not, raise one.

Cheers!

Bear in mind that working hours can mean two different things.

Service Desk working hours are the times that we tell people that service desk calls will be worked on (for example "if you raise an issue after 5pm, it may not be looked at until 9am the next day because our working hours are 9-to-5).

Core/Software working hours are lengths of time, used to measure time spent and translate between hours, minutes, days etc.  As @Ismael Jimoh says, this is set globally, so your entire Jira will make the same assumption about how long a working day is, and translate accordingly.  The default is 1 week = 5 days and 1 day = 8 hours.

Like Ismael Jimoh likes this

Thanks for the response @Ismael Jimoh  and @Ismael Jimoh . I am referring to use working hours in Software related projects. I want to experiment the concept of 1 day tasks rather user stories with story points for releases. Company wide day working is 6 hours but we require it to be 8 hours for our project only.

I have to check if such request has been raised to customize your working hours based on individual projects or else i will raise a ticket.  

Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Jun 14, 2019

Noted @Ashish Nagpal

Do check and if there are no such request then do raise one.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

3,675 views 23 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you