Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring hours project wise

Ashish Nagpal June 13, 2019

how do i configure working hours project wise right, if i try to change hours it updates all the projects exists in JIRA instead of particular project.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2019

Hi @Ashish Nagpal 

Working hours for JIRA Software and core are system-wide while for service desk it is per project.

I will suggest looking up add-ons in the marketplace  to workaround your requirement or check jira.atlassian.com to see if a feature request like this has been raised and if not, raise one.

Cheers!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2019

Bear in mind that working hours can mean two different things.

Service Desk working hours are the times that we tell people that service desk calls will be worked on (for example "if you raise an issue after 5pm, it may not be looked at until 9am the next day because our working hours are 9-to-5).

Core/Software working hours are lengths of time, used to measure time spent and translate between hours, minutes, days etc.  As @Ismael Jimoh says, this is set globally, so your entire Jira will make the same assumption about how long a working day is, and translate accordingly.  The default is 1 week = 5 days and 1 day = 8 hours.

Like Ismael Jimoh likes this
Ashish Nagpal June 14, 2019

Thanks for the response @Ismael Jimoh  and @Ismael Jimoh . I am referring to use working hours in Software related projects. I want to experiment the concept of 1 day tasks rather user stories with story points for releases. Company wide day working is 6 hours but we require it to be 8 hours for our project only.

I have to check if such request has been raised to customize your working hours based on individual projects or else i will raise a ticket.  

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

Noted @Ashish Nagpal

Do check and if there are no such request then do raise one.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events