Change the hierarchy levels in Advanced roadmaps

Sari February 22, 2022

Hello, 

I would like to change the hierachy levels in the Advanced Roadmap. 

My goal is to add the tasks under the stories (instead of sub-tasks). 

For some reasons I can move the "task level" only under the "initiative" and I can't drag and drop this field under the stories.

Could you please help me to understand why thishappens? 

Screenshot_1.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

The hierarchy in Advanced Roadmaps is for the levels of Epic and above.  It does not change the standard Epic -> Issue -> sub-task in Jira Software.

All you can do here is make your "task" issue type into a sub-task type, where it will work alongside (not above or below) the existing sub-task type.

Sari February 22, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  thank you for your reply!

I tried that as well, but I don't have the option to select the tasks instead of sub tasks.

1.png

I can see the drop-down menu for initiative and epic but not for story and task / sub task

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

That's because you don't do the change from here, you have to change the issue type in the issue type lists.

In fact, you can't convert them.  You'll have to rename "Task" to something else (temporarily), then create a new Issue type called "Task", selecting the sub-task level for it instead of issue level.

Sari February 24, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , thank you!

I didn't get where I should change the issue type. From here? 

Thanks 

Screenshot_3.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2022

Yes, that's correct.  You'll need to add a new subtask type for "task" after renaming the existing task to something else.

Like Sari likes this
Sari February 24, 2022

Thanks!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events