Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot import "Closed"/"Resolved" issues in JIRA Portfolio and cannot see "Completed" sprint in plan

Ali Raza March 4, 2020

I have experimented with portfolio and I believe it is "only" forward looking and does not pick "closed/resolved" stories in plan. When I close any story or complete any sprint it disappears from plan. I have tried all filters that were suggested in other threads but none can make portfolio view these closed stories or sprints. It is also evident that when I create a new plan it does not include closed stories in the stories scope.

Is my above finding or assumption about portfolio correct?

Or may be I am missing something that can make portfolio show "past" as well?

If that holistic view is available then portfolio will be more attractive as we move along during the project life, showing history and adding value for the future. Please see that following is the set of screens and let me know if there is any possibility to have previous completed sprints and closed stories/epics.

1. I cannot import "closed" or "resolved" issues in portfolio plan. There is no closed issue showing in plan scope.

Annotation 2020-03-04 144925.png

2. If I closed any story in the scrum board, the story disappears in the plan.

Annotation 2020-03-04 144926.png

Following SM-12 is not showing in the first sprint (above). There is no SM-12.

Annotation 2020-03-04 144927.png

3. I cannot see "completed" sprints in the portfolio. There is one sprint which is completed, but i cant see it here. I have also used the following filter which includes previous closed sprint but can view it in the plan.

Annotation 2020-03-04 144928.png

1 answer

0 votes
chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2020

For stories disappearing when you move to Done, it is most likely because of the "resolution".  Take all your Done stories and ensure the resolution Field is set to Done.  If it isn't, it will not show up in Plans.  Not sure why, but it's how it works.  Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events