Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Portfolio timeline show historical data for epics?

Joel Feldman January 31, 2018

In everything I have seen,  the Portfolio timeline only shows Epics beginning with the current active sprints.  Ideally I would like to see in the timeline the history of when work began on Epics and when Epics finished from the beginning of the release as well as from the current sprint. 

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2018

Hi Joel,

This was addressed in another post titled Start date for portfolio plan Edited.  Take a look at the post for an explanation as to how this works and please vote on the Suggestion to have this implemented at JPOSERVER-429.

Cheers,

Branden

Joel Feldman February 4, 2018

Hi Branden, 

Thanks for your input but that isn't exactly what I am looking for.  I don't want to manually set start or end dates.  I would like the system to show me what actually happened with Epics that were in progress before the current sprint.  In the attached screenshot I show a typical Portfolio timeline.  You see predictions for when Epics will complete beginning with the CURRENT sprint.  In this case, the release has actually been going since September but the timeline is not showing any Epics before the CURRENT sprint.  In fact, the period from September to the present (beginning of February) , Epics were started and completed. But the timeline is empty.  We would like to see that actual history.  Does that help clarify my ask?  Is there a configuration setting I am missing to see this or is this a feature request? 

show history of epics.jpg

Like # people like this
Barry Landin May 19, 2018

I'm evaluating Portfolio (and Jira) for a large research program with seven teams from different disciplines. All members and execs in particular will want to see not just what we think will happen but where we are in the plan since November 2017. If this hasn't been implemented, now May 2018, this seems like a serious flaw in the design - that everything left of Now disappears. I could live with it if that were only the case because I hadn't been using the product until now. But to expect we'd lose information each day as this suggests would doom this evaluation.

I have been enthusiastic since discovering portfolio, since it provides the visibility we need looking forward, but I can't justify this if we can't show the full picture that includes our progress to date. Please correct me if I've misunderstood the point.

Is there any Jira application that can show our status in the context of a live roadmap or should I forego the search and Jira?

Brian Dismukes June 22, 2018

I am in the same boat with Joel and Barry.  We need to be able to see the historical timeline not just what is planned for the project.  It is becoming an issue as we are the first dev team to really dig into the Portfolio product during our evaluation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events