Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i auto set an estimate based on the type of request, e.g. bug, feature, improvement etc.

anjul.khera April 29, 2021

Hi,

I'd like to auto-set a default time estimate based on the type of issue, i.e. bug, feature or improvement on the software project.

Is that possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

I don't have a link @anjul.khera  but as @Dave has alluded to, this can be solved via Automation For Jira (assuming you are on Jira Cloud?).

At a basic level the automation would go something like the below. You may need/want to get more complicated or use story points, but from what you have said, this should get you started.

Auto9.png

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Hi @anjul.khera,

This was something that used to be possible with the previous interface of Advanced Roadmaps (known as Live Plans - this interface has now been deprecated and will no longer be available after July 31st). 

We removed this capability for the new interface because there was less reliance on the scheduling algorithm (now known as Auto-Scheduling). We have discussed bringing back default estimates but have not committed to doing so yet.

One possible workaround is to use the automation facilities that are also included with Jira Premium to automatically assign an estimate when a new issue is created.

Regards,

Dave

anjul.khera April 29, 2021

Thanks Dave for the quick revert. Could you share the link where i can find out more about how to automatically assign an estimate?

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021
Like anjul.khera likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events