Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Portfolio import issues in a custom hierarchy?

Ronan Duke October 11, 2017

I've got an existing set of ~15 projects which I've reflected in a custom hierarchy (see below).   I've ~30 issues at the Initiative level and many more at the Feature level.  portfolio-custom-hierarchy.PNG

In Jira, I've created a notional hierarchy using a custom "implements" link.  So Epics (in one of the ~15 projects) implement Features and Features implement Initiatives.   

So: I was hoping when I created a plan in Portfolio that Portfolio would somehow import the issues in my custom hierarchy.   When I create the plan I can see my Initiative and Features but there's no hierarchy there.   Clicking on an Initiative just prompts me to enter the Jira ids for the next Feature.      I could enter these manually but I wanted to check if I'm missing something here.

Basically, I'm looking for something easier than clicking on each Feature and entering the Initiative jira-id in the Parent-Link field.  Given that I've > 100 Features to process, that's a lot of manual clicking I'd prefer to avoid if possible.

thanks for any help/guidance etc.

Ronan

1 answer

0 votes
Ruslan Prakapchuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

Hello Ronan,

it's not possible to build up Portfolio hierarchy with a custom link at the moment, but we are working on it in scope of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-1423

If you vote for this ticket it will gain more traction and will be more likely to be picked up. Also, watching issue will help you to stay up to date with progress on it.

Ronan Duke October 16, 2017

hi Ruslan:  thanks for the reply.  I've upvoted that ticket.

regards,

ronan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events