Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I ingest plans into a parent plan in Advanced Roadmaps?

Liam Wickham February 17, 2022

Let me explain!

I have created two plans for now - a top level roadmap using Legends (above Epics). 

I have created a website dev plan which has gantt-style placements by me to show start and end dates for each story within an epic. All placed manually by me.

I want to link the epic in website dev plan to a legend in the top level roadmap plan and have it display the timing placements above.

Currently it shows the issues but NOT the timing placements. 

Is that possible?

I wondered if I should be using the Roadmap feature for each Board instead of a plan, but I don't understand if that actually feeds up to plans either.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2022

Unfortunately, I have not found a way around this.  Within each plan, assuming you have a new enough Advanced Roadmaps version, there is an option to "Roll-up Dates" option under the View Settings drop down.  This will do what provide what you're looking for but only for that specific plan.  That feature does NOT write the rolled-up dates back into the JIRA database and thus any other plan is unaware of the rolled-up date.

Even with an Advanced Roadmap "Program" (which is the built in function to combine multiple Plans), the rolled-up date information is not represented in the larger Program UNLESS you manually change the Issue dates to match the roll-up representation.

I believe there is an improvement idea out there to provide a means to take the roll-up dates from a plan and write them back into the database thus allowing them to show up on other plans/programs, but don't think it's gained much traction.

Liam Wickham February 17, 2022

Thanks for the comprehensive response.

I find it very odd then - I guess I need to use one plan and view filters to give teams individual views so it is not too overwhelming.

Like Aaron Gage likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events