Can I create program in JIRA Portfolio regardless of which JIRA Server version I am using?

Amit Joshi December 4, 2017

How can I create a program in JIRA Portfolio and club my plans in it? The Portfolio version i am using is Ver 2.0. Is program functionality added in this version.

I have JIRA on premise with ver6.2

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andre Lehmann December 4, 2017

Hi Amit.

The program-feature was included in Jira Portfolio Version 2.3

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolio/portfolio-for-jira-2-3-release-notes-931038009.html

So the program feature isn't related to your Jira-Version, but your Portfolio-Version couldn't be supported/available for your Jira-Version.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards
André

Amit Joshi December 6, 2017

Thanks Andre. This Helps

Andre Lehmann December 6, 2017

Glad to hear that :-)

Feel free to accept the answer (little checkmark).

Amit Joshi December 7, 2017

Hi Andre,

Need little more help around creating Timelines view of my project schedule. The timelines mentioned below and in a stream format. Is there an option to change the View to get broader timelines. Is program the right option to do? Please suggest?SnapShotTimeline.jpg

Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Hi Amit,

I wanted to clarify that while the first beta of the Program feature was available in 2.3, the release (not beta) was with 2.6.

Since then a lot of nice improvements to Plans and Programs have been released between 2.6 and 2.10 that I would recommend.

As for your question, the timeline you are mentioning is the release timeline and we currently don't have a "broadening" option yet.

Cheers,

Thomas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events