Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Update multiple information

Vaibhav Jain May 24, 2019

I want to update below information for about 200 issues in our JIRA system. Can someone help with the best possible way to do it in bulk

In Scope

Out of Scope

Milestones

Stakeholders

and many other custom information fields that we have.

I have the information in Excel file. Is there a way to just upload it to JIRA and update the corresponding issues with these values.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2019

I think it will be easy and faster to use 'bulk-change' feature(look through this article).

You can get from excel-file issue keys and put it in JQL-search(advaced search).

you JQL will be look like 'key in (KEY-1, KEY-3, KEY-5')" - then edit issues by bulk change, where you set new values to your custom fields(in scope, out of scope, milestones, stakeholders). 

Feel free to contact if you`ll get a questions.

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2019

@[deleted] 

Oh, really here it is(Importing data from CSV).

0 votes
S Fong August 23, 2020

Can we use "Import Issues from CSV" instead of "System->External System Import"?  The reason I would prefer to use import issus from CSV because it allows me to validate before start the import process.

0 votes
Deleted user May 24, 2019

If you properly match the issue keys, it should update when you import. Test it with a single issue first. 

Vaibhav Jain May 26, 2019

Thanks Devin for your response.

Can you please help me with how to match the issue keys? I am new to JIRA and not aware of how to do the bulk upload. I have the permission for bulk update.

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2019

Hi, @[deleted] , can you share any docs about 'import-updates'? 

Deleted user May 28, 2019

Looks like you've figured it out, but I was suggesting going to Administration -> System -> External System Import (on the left sidebar). Choose CSV, and map the appropriate fields. To do this, have the name of each field in the top row of your CSV, and the corresponding value in the rows beneath. You'll need to make sure that the issue key is matched properly, and that any other fields required (such as summary, etc) are filled. 

Your CSV (visualized in Excel) would look something like this:

Issue Type    Summary    Key                Field A        Field B

Story             example      ABC-123       sample       sample

or

Issue Type, Summary, Key, Field A, Field B

Story, ...

When you go through the import process, you map each field to a field in Jira. By mapping the Issue Key to whatever you call it in CSV, it will match the key to an existing issue and update the fields that you've included in the import with their corresponding values.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events