Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Scheduling is not making date changes

Shob September 16, 2020

Hello,

Does auto schedule considering the "Lead" value?

I have 2 tasks

One should start after the other is finished and the auto schedule not changing the issues start and end date accordingly..

How does it work?

I installed the 3.29.1 version

1 answer

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2020

Hi @Shob ,

If you have 2 issues (lets call them "A" and "B") and you've created a dependency relationship between them so that "A" blocks "B" then the auto-schedule function will take that dependency relationship into consideration.

However, there are 2 modes that you can configure in a plan for dependency scheduling. The first is "Sequential" which means that dependant issues must be assigned to different sprints and the second is "Concurrent" which means that dependant issues can be scheduled to the same sprint (if the sprint capacity can accommodate both of them). The Auto-Scheduler will set start and end dates that match the start and end of the assigned sprint so for concurrent scheduling it will appear that dates have been set the same for both A and B.

I would recommend checking your scheduling configuration for your plan to see what mode you are using. Please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Regards,

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events