Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agile Team Capacity

MANOJ SHANTARAM PATIL January 18, 2023

I am a new user to Advance Roadmap and wanted to know if Advance Roadmap feature supports to do capacity planning at individual level? OR only at Team Level. Appreciate any answer or clarification on this query. I watched many videos and read articles but did not get thorough answer.  

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

Hi @MANOJ SHANTARAM PATIL and welcome to the community! 

Jira is purposefully designed for team dynamic over individual so capacity planning is based upon velocity which is a team measurement.

If you want something that is more individualized, you'd need to incorporate individual work logging which will allow you to evaluate capacity based upon output by assignee which is typically unpopular with team members.

MANOJ SHANTARAM PATIL January 19, 2023

@Mark Segall Thank you. This explanation is helpful to me. 

Like Mark Segall likes this
0 votes
Meghan LaClair January 20, 2023

@MANOJ SHANTARAM PATIL

This is something we handle with minware. We uniquely combine version control, ticketing, and calendar data into one plug and play dashboard. Here is an example showing estimated completion dates of all currently assigned work to individual team members.  You can see there is a velocity scalar in the upper left so that you can project a best / worst case scenario:

Task Assignee Roadmap.png

Our roadmap also has a view that allows you to dive into Epics at the task and sub-task level so that when your team members have remaining capacity they can plan and prioritize work around dependencies.

minware - roadmap subtask grouping.png

We offer a free trial, please let me know if you would like to check it out!

Disclaimer: Marketplace Partner

MANOJ SHANTARAM PATIL February 7, 2023

Hi @Meghan LaClair - Thanks for bringing this solution to my attention. Certainly, I will reach out you in future.

Meghan LaClair February 7, 2023

Hi @MANOJ SHANTARAM PATIL You can find our ingest app in the marketplace using this link: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=data%20ingest 

We also have full service onboarding, or will be happy to set up a call if you reach out to us. 

Have a great day!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events