Advanced Roadmaps REST API

Marcello June 27, 2022

I use the REST API to create issues on JIRA. But now I need to work with 'Advanced Roadmap' as well.

Specifically, I need to create a plan and add some issues in this plan. Documentation is a bit poor. Are there REST API to do this ?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2022

Hi @Marcello

Unfortunately Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Cloud doesn't currently have a public REST API. There is a feature request here which you can vote on and track any potential updates on this though.

Sorry this isn't quite the answer you're looking for! Feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can help with.

Cheers,

Daniel

0 votes
Marcello June 28, 2022

can anyone help me?

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

You do not need to use the REST API at all. You'll need to have a project available but all you need to do is import issues or just start creating them in the plan. Once you've created the issues you need to start with, you update the project right from the plan using the Review Issues button at the upper right. That allows you to review all of the changes before committing them to the project. JIRA will create the issues in the project for you.

Like Curt Holley likes this
Marcello June 28, 2022

i know how roadmap works, and i always use it through the gui. now i need to create plans via my python backend, automatically.

Like Melo likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events