Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Roadmap capacity planning with a Kanban Board

AS October 2, 2022

Hello,

How can I mange capacity planning in Kanban Boards with Advanced Roadmaps?

What is the Jira issue field that would gather estimate to influence the capacity on the timeline ?

With Scrum it's clear, but on Kanban when using time tracking Jira field to collect time log, I can not see any impact on the time line from a Kanban board issue source.

1 answer

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2022

Hi @AS please refer to this article.

AS October 2, 2022

Hi @Craig Nodwell ,

Thanks for the link.

"For Kanban teams, work is broken down into iterations which each last one week. You can set the weekly capacity of a Kanban team in either days or hours, but the length of the iteration cannot be changed"

Above is the only paragraph referring to Kanban capacity planning with Advanced Roadmaps from the article.

Does it mean that there is no estimation to allocate to issues?

From the simulation perspective, it is not obvious to picture on time line iterations plan views how data from Jira issues affect capacity.

1- How to estimate on Kanban tickets? Where do you allocate estimation values from tickets? Is it from the time tracking field?

2- How does this estimation from Jira tickets appear on time line Plan view of Advanced Roadmap? For example when the estimation 0f work is above capacity.

Best regards

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2022

Please have a look over this post.  

AS October 2, 2022

Hi @Craig Nodwell ,

I have found what I have been looking for.

The field "Estimate" Advanced Roadmap corresponds to the section Remaining estimate in Jira ticket.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events