cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared teams capacity

Юрій Козаченко April 6, 2022

Hi everyone, 

The story is the following: 

We created a Shared team with 2 members only and set up for them their start date and end date and also a weekly availability in hours. 
For example, the first team member will be available from the 1st of May, and the second one from the 15th.

At this time we have added this team to a plan. The system requests me the information of team capacity in hours, like I have created a simple team, what exactly won`t fit to my need as the capacity will be not a uniform distribution, as the tasks covered from the 1 till the 15th of May will be covered with less capacity, than the tasks after the 15th. 

As we exchange the people between different projects from time to time for us it would be important, that the capacity could automatic adjust in plans and plan accordingly to the resource availability. 

Who could help me to understand is that possible in Jira and how could I achieve such a result?

Thank you!

1 comment

Rick Olson April 6, 2022

This might be something to think about; it's what we do:

We, too, have team capacities loaded into AR and they assume that everyone is working their full, estimated, availability. Then, for example, to deal with someone being on vacation we have an epic where each person places a task for each period of time off. That includes the number of hours they won't be available and the "due date" (when the vacation ends). We include that epic (including those tasks) in AR so that we can use it as a "work" placeholder. We do something similar for new people coming on board, holidays, etc.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events