How to add maintenance sprint in the plan ?

JulienFritsch July 5, 2018

Hi, 

What is the best approach on a new release plan to add the intermediate maintenance sprint that the same team is doing on the former major versions ? It's the same team, they alternate several maintenance sprints, one per major version and other pure development sprints for the new release.

So far, I'm thinking to get the maintenance sprint as Epic/Issues and assign the full team on it in order to generate some alert on the capacity. But I'm curious to see if anyone solved this problem already.

1 comment

JulienFritsch September 14, 2018

We tried to have maintenance epic, but this is not working well at all. So far, we found only 2 ways:

- add availability exceptions at the team member level for those maintenance weeks, but it's a lot of work and error prone

- add the exception at the plan level and restrict the plan to a single team

Cameron Eldridge March 29, 2019

Hi @JulienFritsch,

I'm not entirely sure what you're after here. Are you saying that you have a plan with a single issue source (scrum board) that is associated with a team, and you're trying to figure out how to add a maintenance sprint that runs in parallel to your regular development sprints to show an increase in capacity during those times? Having more details about your plan configuration would be great!

Best,

Cameron

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events