Cross-project release burndown

Tom McLemore April 12, 2018

Has anyone found an effective way of creating a cross-project release burndown chart?  CPRs have been a great benefit to us and one of the major reasons we decided to start using Porftolio.  I realize it's not currently a feature in the reporting, but does anyone else have a creative way of doing this?

I've been playing with the created vs resolved gadget and a dashboard, but it uses a rolling time frame.  

4 comments

Dennis Crow April 13, 2018

Hey Tom, 

Would you be able to send over an example of a cross-project release burndown chart? Is there one available on the web I could take a look at? I'm interested in tracking progress across releases on my project as well.

Tom McLemore April 17, 2018

@Dennis Crow, Jira already provides a release burndown report out of the box for single projects.  

With porftolio, you can create a cross-project release, but there isn't an out of the box report like there are with individual project reports.

I created a much uglier version using a filter like this:

"project in (project1, project2, project3) AND fixVersion = CPR_Fix_Version AND type != epic"

Then used the Created vs Resolved gadget in a dashboard (can also use it in a Confluence page) with that saved filter. 

David Stone April 17, 2018

Hello Tom,

Release burndown report should be available via boards.  Save your filter "project in..." and create a board.  Then go to the reports for that board.

David 

Tyler Harris June 7, 2018

Yes, but there's no way to combine the cross project releases into 1 chart. You still have to select each project. Unless I'm missing something?

Like Michael Asman likes this
Mumtaz Ahmad June 11, 2018

I do have a framework of PHP scripts that enable tasks to be scheduled based on resource availibility and dependencies in Agile Gantt chart and creates burnup chart for any milestone. Gantt is updated via worklogs. The chart clearly tells you the expected finish date of any milestone. I will open source my tool in next few weeks. Please email me if you need a demo.

Solution is hosted on external server and not as plugin so you can customized it as per your needs  

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2018

Try our Great Gadgets add-on. It offers a Release Burnup/Burndown Gadget that is based on a filter. You can create a filter that includes issue from multiple projects and this way you can have the cross project release burndown.

Ravichandra_Itagi January 15, 2020

Hi Danut,

Does this gives a feature of cross project release burn down report?

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Hi @Ravichandra_Itagi,

Yes. It is about a dashboard gadget that is based on a Jira issue filter and you can use it to generate a cross-project release burndown chart if your filter contains the issues of multiple projects. The chart will be displayed on Jira dashboards (not in the Reports section of the project). With the app version for Jira Server, the gadgets can also be imported in Confluence so this way you could make the chart visible in Confluence pages as well. 

You can read more here: https://bitbucket.org/StonikByte/great-gadgets-add-on/wiki/Home#!release-burnup-burndown-chart

But I think the best way is to give it a try and play with it.

For further questions you can also contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut

Ravichandra_Itagi January 16, 2020

Ok thanks Danut!!!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events