What’s next Advanced Roadmaps? Hear from the Atlassian product team!

Hello hello! 

I'm Kelly - a Product Marketer here at Atlassian! 

Since the launch of Advanced Roadmaps in Jira Software Premium in May 2020, it has been exciting for our teams here at Atlassian to see your teams discover and adopt our newest planning experience.

In case you haven't seen it yet, Atlassian Product Manager, @Pete Morrisjust shared an update on what’s next for Advanced Roadmaps and highlighted what has shipped over the last year!

Spoiler: Team-managed (FKA: next-gen) project support in Advanced Roadmaps is on the "what's coming" list! 

Check out Pete's post here!

Join our free webinar "Master the complexities of planning with Advanced Roadmaps" on Sept 29th/30th. 

Combined features 2.png

Thanks and happy planning!

Kelly 

6 comments

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2021

Thanks @Kelly Drozd , I say that yesterday. Really exciting!

Kelly Drozd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2021

@Suvradip Paul Glad you saw the post, Thank you for sharing!

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2021

Sadly the removal of capacity planning has made this product useless.

Kelly Drozd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2021

Hi @Jimi WikmanThanks for the comment, Advanced Roadmaps still has capacity planning.

If there is something specific that you'd like to provide feedback on, we'd love to learn more. You can email me at kdrozd@atlassian.com. 

Thanks so much!

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2021

@Kelly Drozdwith the removal of live plans you now only have bulk planning on team level since no individual capacity can be added.

There is no way to see what projects individuals are involved in or at what degree, and we can no longer add virtual users that represent external team members.

We also can not add holidays, vacations or sick days anymore, meaning the allocation or time vs estimates are blunt at best and useless at worst.

If you have teams that have no holidays, vacations or sick days, and you never need to consider part-time team members, then you don't need resource planning as you just do an available team time vs estimates.

Most of us, however, work with reality where we need a bit more detailed planning.

That is why I now have to hunt for a tool that have resource planning, and it will most likely lead to several of my company clients dropping Premium, or move to competitors.

Like # people like this
Ostap Zaishlyi _Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2021

Hello @Jimi Wikman

I am Ostap from Reliex, we develop ActivityTimeline for Jira, which is a resource management tool and has all the features you've mentioned in your message: individual capacities and the aggregation to the team level, vacation & holiday tracking that also influences the workload calculation, you also get the possibility to add virtual resources that will have their own capacities.

On top of that, soon we will be releasing a built-in integration with Advanced Roadmaps so we can sync teams between 2 tools, and the integration in terms of scheduled dates is already available out of the box as well as integration with other popular apps: BigPicture or Tempo Timesheets.

Feel free to reach out if you'd like to learn more about possible integration for your clients.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events