Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's changing with Advanced Roadmaps (formerly Portfolio for Jira Cloud)

57 comments

Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2020

@Kristijan Luburic [venITure] The admins on accounts with Advanced Roadmaps (formerly Portfolio) should have received emails on 3/30 and 5/13 (US time) with details about an extended Premium trial. Also, I can see you may be an Atlassian partner? There's a page in our partner portal with all relevant details for partners. 

Like Mia Matulić likes this
Mark T Wright June 15, 2020

Since you have done away with skills and we have a team where our members have different skills are you recommending that we pre assign all of the issues in the project up front in order to determine the roadmap for the project according to the estimates assigned to each issue?

J.M. August 13, 2020

When testing this out I noticed:

1. Jira Version Report forecasts a date which is after my planned release date (predicted, optimistic and pessimistic)
  2. Same release in Advanced Roadmaps says "on track" 
  3. No external dependencies on other projects

What is happening that these wouldn't match? Which one do I use to set expectations? If i can't confidently back by data driven approach I'll just use spreadsheets

Graeme Binnington September 24, 2020

I'm sadly missing any ability to create good reports for management! What's happened to agile reporting here?

Stephen Sayler October 16, 2020

I have started to organize my team's work using Roadmaps and am happy with the way that hierarchy works with Initiatives and Epics, and how Roadmaps issues warnings when work pushes into future sprints and puts deadlines at risk.

However, the biggest miss for me is capacity planning. Roadmaps show my team's capacity is green going out into the future. I'd rather see what we have estimated in the backlog vs capacity, so that I know when we're overloaded and when we have bandwidth to start new features. I know our plan is only good in the short term over the next couple sprints - how can Roadmaps help motivate the team to improve our medium and long term plans, and show stakeholders that our deadlines are tentative until that happens?

Link to my feature request: JSWCLOUD-20878

Cameron Wright October 21, 2020

Hi, I've just started looking at Advanced roadmaps, at the request of our Jira admin. We use a Jira hierarchy of Solution -> Epics -> Stories -> (occasionally) subtasks. Currently i use Clarizen for project management, but it has issues.

I have managed to get Progress to roll up and show completed and remaining story points. But i can't seem to find how to roll up the time tracking (done by tempo) onto the Solution, so that i can get a "cost to date" for a given solution and then i can give a forecasted "cost at completion" based on the remaining story points.

Is it possible to roll up the time tracking information?

Michael T Vanover December 27, 2021

I frequently see statements that Advanced Roadmaps is free on JIRA on Data Center 8.15 and higher.  Does this mean that it is free on JIRA Server 8,17 (my version)?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events