Portfolio for Jira is now Advanced Roadmaps

38 comments

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2020

Hi Thomas, and Joe,

I'm sorry to hear you struggle without the removed capacity planning features that were present in the older UI. I wanted to update you that we just released a few improvements to the Server 3.28 version (coming soon to Cloud). With the new improvements, you'd be able to change future capacity for each team's sprint or iteration. So for example, if you know some people will join/leave the team you could bump the team's capacity up/down. I understand this improvement doesn't cover all of your use cases, but I believe it could unlock some value. 

Please let me know if you got any further questions on that topic.

Cheers,

Roi

Natalia Golikova June 10, 2020

Hi, 

We are trying to use Advanced Roadmaps, but it doesn't work. I can't descope epics/issues during the plan creation. I deselect all issues I don't need in my plan and all of them show up in the plan. 

Deleting 2k issues from the plan takes a lot of time using a bulk change. And some of the needed issues are missing even if I tried to use version (release) for them.

Also, it is very incontinent to have all the issues in the list even if you are applying a filter. It is not possible to have a list of items to display without scrolling it up and down. 

Additional features are needed

- add epics/issues to the existing plan and not only creating them in the plan and submitting back to Jira.

- view epic/issue details if you click on it.

- filter by custom field.

We started with Jira Portfolio and now we have to look for another tool to manage capacity by resource/skill. 

Thanks,

Natalia

Søren Østergaard July 10, 2020

Im working in an organization where we have 2500 Jira users.

I have been using portfolio for more than 1 year and the new layout look great.

But i'm really missing a roadmap overview and I hope you will add this very soon.

Please see my input in discussion: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-discussions/Advanced-Roadmaps-can-not-show-roadmap/td-p/1428813

Looking forward for your reply

Deleted user August 21, 2020

Funny...Advanced Roadmaps for Cloud don't show up anymore in the Marketplace......

Niall Gilligan September 25, 2020

Is there a way to represent data from Advanced roadmaps in JIRA dashboards or an API where we can pull data from to represent multiple teams capacities.

Rocio Razquin February 16, 2021

Hi @Pete Morris ,

Is the add-on no longer available for Jira Server? When I follow the link to the Marketplace you provided some comments ago I can see it but only for Jira Data Center 8.0.0 - 8.14.1. 

AdvancedRoadmaps.PNG

Thanks for clarifying!

Michela Pucci Mossotti March 2, 2021

hi! I get that Advanced Roadmaps is available as part of Jira Software Cloud Premium and thanks to Advanced Roadmap I can see the story in a GANTT view (as well as epic already does).

However, I have problems with the GANTT view of the story.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks a lot for your support!

M.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2021

Hi @Michela Pucci Mossotti ,

I'd recommend either raising an issue with support (
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ ) if you think it might be a bug or ask a more specific question in the community space and tag it with "Advanced Roadmaps" - there will be lots of people in the community happy to help, we just need to know the details!

Regards,

Dave

tricia savage bailey April 16, 2021

We already had easy agile roadmaps, which is a MUCH better roadmapping tool for roadmaps. the only thing we used portfolio was to extend the hierarchy above epic to include 3 more layers up to initiative. This allowed use to use the Issue in childissueof "portfolio work item" to create some powerful filters. It looks like we should move to structure: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/34717/structure-project-management-at-scale?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

edgar.vasquez September 1, 2021

Hi,
Where can i download older versions on Portfolio for jira?

When i search in the Market place. all i see is this

PFJ.PNG

Claudia Alarcon September 27, 2021

How can I tell which version of Jira Portfolio I am currently using? I have one that has the option for an improved interface, but I cannot tell if it is 3.0 or Advanced Roadmaps. How can I tell?

Carolina SILVA February 1, 2022

hello @Shana ,

I guess you should modify the last sentence of your post that says:
"Regardless of whether you’re on Cloud, Server, or Data Center, you’ll have the same product experience."
because if we are on Cloud Standard, we can not access to Advanced Roadmap.

What is really frustrating and annoying because it will help users being more efficient.

There is no great add-on so my company users are really blocked and loos time to easily see dependencies.

I thought Jira was an efficient tool, but again, we need to pay, pay and pay to have a great tool. 😠

Carolina SILVA February 1, 2022

hello @Shana ,

I guess you should modify the last sentence of your post that says:
"Regardless of whether you’re on Cloud, Server, or Data Center, you’ll have the same product experience."
because if we are on Cloud Standard, we can not access to Advanced Roadmap.

What is really frustrating and annoying because it will help users being more efficient.

There is no great add-on so my company users are really blocked and loos time to easily see dependencies.

I thought Jira was an efficient tool, but again, we need to pay, pay and pay to have a great tool. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events