Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

limit characters in Summary Field Edited

I need to restrict the number  characters in the summary field. Can I do it using Scriptrunner from Adaptavist? If yes then please guide on the steps to do so. I have JIRA Cloud version

1 answer

Hi Shana,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that it is not possible to achieve your requirement of restricting the number of characters in the summary filed with *ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud* due to the fact that that the same *workflow conditions and validators* functions do not exist in ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud that exists in the server version.  

You can see more details on the differences between the cloud and server versions of the plugin inside of the documentation page located here.  

The closest you can get to this requirement with *ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud* would be to write a Script Listener that truncates the summary once it has been set, if it is "too long".

If this answer has solved your issue can you please accept it in order to mark this answer as correct for users who are searching for a similar issue.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase

The benefits of using Jira in different departments

Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...

72 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you