Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limit characters in Summary Field

Sana Shams June 28, 2019

I need to restrict the number  characters in the summary field. Can I do it using Scriptrunner from Adaptavist? If yes then please guide on the steps to do so. I have JIRA Cloud version

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2019

Hi Shana,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that it is not possible to achieve your requirement of restricting the number of characters in the summary filed with *ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud* due to the fact that that the same *workflow conditions and validators* functions do not exist in ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud that exists in the server version.  

You can see more details on the differences between the cloud and server versions of the plugin inside of the documentation page located here.  

The closest you can get to this requirement with *ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud* would be to write a Script Listener that truncates the summary once it has been set, if it is "too long".

If this answer has solved your issue can you please accept it in order to mark this answer as correct for users who are searching for a similar issue.

Regards,

Kristian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events