Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issueFieldExactMatch with special characters

Milan Luliak August 26, 2021

Hi *,
I'm using `issueFieldExactMatch` function to really get an issue with exact name.
This works quite well until I have some special characters in searched name.

issueFunction in issueFieldExactMatch('project=RDXRAYEV and type=test','summary','test_basic_feature[check_temperature-WithSimulators]')

This throws an error: 

Reg ex compilation failure in issueFieldExactMatch function: Illegal character range near index 37 test_basic_feature[check_temperature-WithSimulators] ^

what points to the "W" string. But after more attempts it looks like the dash is the problem. I tried to escape it with double backslash, what helped me to get rid of the exception, but there were no results, even I know the issue with such name is present in the project.

Similar issues I have e.g with names like test_my_script[] . As soon as there is some text between the square brackets everything works properly.

Is there any way how to look also for text names with special characters?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Milan Luliak August 26, 2021

Thanks for confirmation!

yes, I tried also lowercase `w`, but doesn't work always. E.g.

issueFunction in issueFieldExactMatch('project=RDXRAYEV and type=test','summary','test_basic_feature[change_randomly-withSimulators]')

gives an error:

Reg ex compilation failure in issueFieldExactMatch function: Illegal character range near index 35 test_basic_feature[change_randomly-withSimulators] ^
0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2021

Seems like a bug perhaps.

With regex match this works

issueFunction in issueFieldMatch('key = RUFF-10','summary','test_basic_feature\\[check_temperature-WithSimulators\\]')

But I can't seem to get any escapes in the issueFieldExactMatch either, it seems like a bug imo.

Lower case -w works, but no uppercase letters do.

issueFunction in issueFieldExactMatch('key = RUFF-10','summary','test_basic_feature[check_temperature-withSimulators]')

Perhaps someone from Adaptavist can check this.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events