Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

behaviour convertToSingleSelect (JQL query) get selected value?

markbutterfield April 15, 2019

I am using the convertToSingleSelect in a behaviour as an Issue picker but need to retrieve the selected value for use in a second behaviour.

I cannot find any information on how to retrieve the value selected. formField.value is null..?

I would be grateful for any help or where to find the documentation on behaviours.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2019

Hello @markbutterfield 

If there is a behaviour mapped to the second field then in that behaviour if you use the code

getFieldByName("My Custom Field") 

Then you should be able to get the value of the of field with value coming from convertToSingleSelect . Hence I feel for the first field you should have one behaviour mapping and on behaviour mapping for the second field and then it should work.

The exact setup is as follows. 

Behaviour 1 : CF1 (convertToSingleSelect as issue picker)

Behaviour 2: CF2 (convertToSingleSelect as issue picker) : I need selected value from CF1 for query.

All attempts in the second behaviour to retrieve the selected value from CF1 return null. (getFieldByName("CF1").value is null) I cannot figure out how the selected value in CF1 is stored/retrieved.

OK, problem is that both are running as Initilaiser...helps when one reads through all the docs..

To do this, we don’t use an initialiser - instead we add an on change server-side script that will convert TextFieldA to a single-select issue picker - the JQL query will be formed from the value of the ProjectPicker field.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2019

Hello @markbutterfield 

You don't need to use initializer, instead as I mentioned before please have separate mapping for both fields and that should do the trick. If it works, and you feel my answer has helped you then please accept/upvote the answer. thanks.

SWAPNIL SRIVASTAV October 30, 2019

Hello @markbutterfield  and @Tarun Sapra ,

I need to implement something like this:

I want to create a select list field for a particular project with options which appear on screen as:

<value of a custom field(any other custom field) of an issue><sapce><Value of summary field of the same issue>

and the no. of options should be same as the no. of issues in that particular project.

Could you please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Swapnil Srivastav.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events