Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where/how to detect a specific change in a Worklog

Chris Hotz January 12, 2018

Hi, 

I'm relatively new to configuring JIRA and having researched the forums, haven't quite sorted out where to do what I'm trying to do.  Here are the two things that I need to accomplish:

1. When the Remaining Estimate on a Worklog is increased, send an email. 
  2. When the Remaining Estimate on an Issue is changed, send an email.

I believe I know how to handle the change on the the Issue, however, detecting when the field on a Worklog is saved, seems to be the challenge.  

I have these questions regarding Worklog.

First, what is the recommended practice for this?  Workflow post-function or Scriptrunner Listener?

Second, would you have sample code?  I've found the Worklog manager that seems to be the correct object, but I'm struggling to understand how to access just the current Worklog that is being saved/created.

Edit:

Updated title.  Also, one clarification, I'm aware of the Issue Worklog Updated Event.  I would use that but we only want emails when the Remaining Estimate is changed and don't want emails when other fields on the Worklog are changed. 

Edit 2:

We use Tempo with Jira 7.3.x server/standalone.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Hi Chris.

I would use a listener.

Regarding your clarification, you would use the Issue Worklog Updated Event. You can examine everything within the event, which will include the remaining Estimate change. 

I believe this question will help you.

Cheers

Dyelamos!

Chris Hotz February 1, 2018

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your insight.  I've not had time to get to this yet but believe what you've suggested will work.  Accepting your answer!

Thank you!

Chris

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events