What is the best way to make issue Assignee field read-only in particular workflow states?

Alexnder Kolinchenko April 3, 2018

We need to make Assignee field read-only when there are particular workflow stages (not transitions).

We have tried making it via Behaviors but there is a button on the screen "Assign to me" that stays active (and works) while read-only status of the field set in Behaviors section. How can we disable this button as well?

I tried removing Assignee field from Edit screen but it works only for transitions (as we can make separate Edit screen for transitions only as I understand).

May be there is a better way to do such a trick?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

Try to put into the status properties the following property

jira.permission.assign.denied

You can find more info here:

http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status

Alexnder Kolinchenko April 4, 2018

Thank you! I'll try it and write the results.

Alexnder Kolinchenko April 17, 2018

Thank you very much! Worked pretty well!

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2023

Hi @Alexnder Kolinchenko 

I know this is a very old posting, but can you please provide some sample screenshots how you were able to achieve this?

I wanted to make Assignee field read-only after the issue has been approved. Would I add the property in the status or status transition? What would be the property key and property value?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events