Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it do "mark as done" in backlog?

Paulina Mijal February 8, 2022

Dear all,

I was wondering what does it mean for Jira if I clik "mark as done", because after i had done it Epic is still open, but not i this "bookmark". If if possible to put it back there after this "clik"?

Thanks,

image.png

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Joseph Hani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2022

Hello @Paulina Mijal , 

To mark an issue type as done It should be set inside the Worfklow as Post Function 

Here is how to do it -- 

Go inside the Workflow of your Epic and click on the transition where it send to Close 

• Click on Post Functions 
  • Then you should have a page with this : 

Capture d’écran 2022-02-08 à 10.11.00.png

• Doesn't matter if you don't have "The resolution of the issue will be set to Done", but this is what you should have at the end ;) 
  • Click on "Add Post Function" 
  • Choose Update Issue Field 
  • Issue Field : Resolution
  • Field Value : Done 
  • Click Add 

Et Voila ! 

Now when you close your Epic, it is set as Done (y) 

If you find that I answer your question please Accept It :D 

Have a nice day ! 

JH

Ok, I understend it. However, in my flow Epic has status: Analysis, Review, DEVELOPMENT, evaluation. In Analysis is is broken into story which are developed in DEVELOPMENT. So after status development the epic is not finished. Can I set that "mark as done" would move it in the "evaluation" status? 

Btw, thank you for your reply!

I have one more question: if it is possible to sort this epic list by priority?

Joseph Hani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2022

Hello @Paulina Mijal ,

So your Epic has no closed status ? How you closed it ? Is it only when all Task or Subtask are Closed ? 

I don't know exactly how an Epic work when it's used with a Story since I only use Epic with multiple task 

You can probably list those Epic by priority, but might not be possible inside your board (not sure about that) 

You can create a Filter with your epic and then filter by priority, after saving and sharing it you can add it to your Shortcut on your board 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events