Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted to make a system field required for certain screens by using behaviours / post functions.

Krishnakumar Parameswaran October 12, 2018

HI , 

We are looking suggestion to make the Description field as required for certain screens only.  Currently it has been configured as required for all screens and we have tried to configure this to certain screens by using behaviour scripts and even some post functions But nothing shown good.

can anyone help us on this?

Let us know if any information required.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Jordan Packer October 12, 2018

You shouldn't need to use Behaviours or Post Functions for this at all.... just use the Field Required Validator on the applicable transitions as documented here:  

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-make-jira-applications-fields-required-in-a-workflow-transition-691011903.html

Krishnakumar Parameswaran October 15, 2018

Actually we are trying to show the system field “Description” as optional field in some of our transition screens.. But same time, We wanted to show it as Required for create/edit screens.. So please suggest some solution to make the field as optional in transition screen.

Jordan Packer October 15, 2018

If that's the case, then you'll want to remove the setting in the Field Configuration that's making it required on all screens, and then control the required setting via Behaviours. You can do this easily without any coding, you would just configure the Behaviour to set the Description field as Required, and then use the "Except" rules to tell it to not apply for certain transitions. Let me know if this doesn't make sense. I don't have easy access to the Behaviours plugin right now, otherwise I would give more detailed instructions.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events