Validation of versions select custom field

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2017

Hi,

I want to add a validation when creating an issue, the definition is to check one field (called ‘Found In’) which is a Select List (single choice) custom field, and if the value in it is A or B then check if another field has a value. The second field is a Version Picker (single version), called ‘Release’.

I tried using the script runner simple script validation, but I don’t know how to get the value of the Release field, and also how to ask for the A OR B. checking just for one works.

Can someone help with the needed validation code ?

Thanks,
Alon

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2017

Hello,

It could be like this

if (ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("single select").getValue(issue).toString().equals("A") || ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("single select").getValue(issue).toString().equals("B")) {

if (ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Release").getValue(issue).size() > 0) {

return true;

} else {

return false;

}

} else {

return true;

}
Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2017

Thank you for your answer.

It didn't work as you wrote, but it pointed me in the right direction.

I think the problem was getting the value for the version picker field.

Here is what I ended up with:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager;

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
// get "Release" field
CustomField customField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_11434");
def currentValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField)

// if (ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("single select").getValue(issue).toString().equals("A") || ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("single select").getValue(issue).toString().equals("B")) {
if ((cfValues['single select']?.value == 'A' ) || (cfValues['single select']?.value == 'B' )) {
if (currentValue)
{
return true ;
}
else{
return false;
}
}
else {
return true;
}
TAGS