Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Issue Type Scheme for Project(s)

Ryan Schamp September 27, 2022

I have to bulk update 756 projects to the same issue type scheme and Jira Cloud does have an endpoint for assigning an issue type scheme on project:  https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-type-screen-schemes/#api-rest-api-3-issuetypescreenscheme-project-put

However, I can't get the java example working (even for one project) in ScriptRunner. Has anyone tried this using groovy?

// The payload definition using the Jackson library
JsonNodeFactory jnf = JsonNodeFactory.instance;
ObjectNode payload = jnf.objectNode();
{
payload.put("issueTypeScreenSchemeId", "10001");
payload.put("projectId", "10002");
}

// Connect Jackson ObjectMapper to Unirest
Unirest.setObjectMapper(new ObjectMapper() {
private com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper jacksonObjectMapper
= new com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper();

public <T> T readValue(String value, Class<T> valueType) {
try {
return jacksonObjectMapper.readValue(value, valueType);
} catch (IOException e) {
throw new RuntimeException(e);
}
}

public String writeValue(Object value) {
try {
return jacksonObjectMapper.writeValueAsString(value);
} catch (JsonProcessingException e) {
throw new RuntimeException(e);
}
}
});

// This code sample uses the 'Unirest' library:
// http://unirest.io/java.html
HttpResponse<JsonNode> response = Unirest.put("https://your-domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issuetypescreenscheme/project")
.basicAuth("email@example.com", "<api_token>")
.header("Accept", "application/json")
.header("Content-Type", "application/json")
.body(payload)
.asJson();

System.out.println(response.getBody());

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2022

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that the reason that your code above will not work inside of ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud is due to the fact the code you have provided is fro ScriptRunner for Jira Server and this will not work as Atlassian only provide a rest API in Jira Cloud and do not provide a Java API in the cloud like they do in Jira Server.

You can see more detailed information on the differences between the cloud and server versions inside of our documentation page located here.

We would recommend reviewing the documentation for ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud which is located here along with the Jira Cloud Rest API Documentation in order to see how the REST API's work in Jira cloud.

However reading the docs below I can see Atlassian provides the Assign issue type scheme to  project REST API and this may be an API you can call from your script for each project to achieve your requirement.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events