Text Not Highlighting Inline As Expected

Deleted user January 2, 2018

I'm trying to assist one of my teammates with the Highlight macro, and I'm having a devil of a time getting content in the middle of a sentence highlighted. I can get it to work if I want to highlight content at the beginning of a sentence (and then have subsequent content un-highlighted), but not if I want to have the beginning plain and end highlighted. Is there some flaw in the Highlight macro that prevents it from being placed inline properly? Am I doing something wrong?

Process:

1. Enter text via the editor
  2. Add the Highlight macro in the text where I want the highlight to begin
  3. Enter the text in the macro body and ensure that display inline is selected, then publish
  4. Page does not display the highlight inline with other text; the first portion is split to a separate line

Examples:

HighlightMacroExamples.jpg

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Hi Brian,

I tested on my Cloud instance and ran into the same issue with inserting the Highlight macro in the middle of a sentence.

Highlight is one of the Adaptavist Content Formatting macros bundled with Confluence Cloud - it is not included in the server version, and not developed by Atlassian. I am going to move your question to the Adaptavist area of the forum to get the attention it needs from the vendor.

Thanks,

Ann

Deleted user January 2, 2018

Oh! Thank you so much, @AnnWorley. I didn't realize it wasn't part of the default Confluence offering. I'm pretty new to Confluence and have sort of stumbled into being an admin by virtue of having past experience with similar systems. Thank you for moving it to the correct place!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events