Sum of a custom field value to another custom field

Swapnil Tiwari August 28, 2017

Can you please help me with script of the below use-case –  

For a sub-story which is linked to a story.

I want to calculate the sum of the values of a custom field (Technical Points) belonging to issuetype – Sub-story. Further, I want that value to be placed in another custom field (Aggregate Technical Points) belonging to a custom issuetype - story. Attached screenshots display different

Attached screenshots display different issuetypes (Story and Sub-story) that we are using, just to avoid confusions.

Please help me with the script of the above use-case.Screen Shot 08-22-17 at 05.48 PM.PNG

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2017

Hi Swapnil,

I understand your use-case and I think I have a script that almost accomplishes this, but could you clarify?

Do you want the sum of ALL issues in the project that have an issue type of "Sub-story", regardless if they are connected to the same Story?

• Example: Calculate the sum of 'Technical Points' of all issues that have an issue-type of "Sub-story" in the entire project.

Or

Do you want the sum of all connected "Sub-story" issues for each Story?

• Example: A Story has 5 sub-stories. Calculate the sum of the 'Technical Points' of the 5 sub-story issues and display on the Story.
Swapnil Tiwari August 29, 2017

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for looking into this.

I would require the second example - 

"Do you want the sum of all connected "Sub-story" issues for each Story?

• Example: A Story has 5 sub-stories. Calculate the sum of the 'Technical Points' of the 5 sub-story issues and display on the Story."

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,

Swapnil Tiwari

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

Hi Swapnil,

I created the following script to be used in a scripted field. It gets all of the links from the Story and checks to see if the are of type "Sub-story". If there are "Sub-story" linked issues, it will get the custom field value from "Technical Points" on each issue. It will return the sum of all of the Sub-story issues linked to the Story.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

if (issue.getIssueType().name == "Story") { // only calculate this for Story Issue Types
def issueLinkManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager()
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def pointSum = 0
issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.id).each {issueLink -> // go through all issues linked off of the Story
def linkedIssue = issueLink.getDestinationObject()
if (linkedIssue.getIssueType().name == "Sub-story") {
def technicalPointsField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Technical Points")
pointSum += linkedIssue.getCustomFieldValue(technicalPointsField)?:0
}
}
return pointSum
}

Image of it working:

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 11.42.26 AM.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2017

You should also make sure that the Template for the Scripted Field is set to "Number Field" and that the Searcher is set to "Number Searcher". 

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 11.58.34 AM.png

Swapnil Tiwari September 4, 2017

Hi Joshua,

The query is giving me the error.

It says "The variable issue is not declared"

Please help

Screen Shot 09-04-17 at 02.04 PM.PNG

Thank you,

Swapnil Tiwari

Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2017

Hi Swapnill.

That is an inline error, not a compilation error. The script could be working at compilation time. Could you save the script regardless and try to see if the script works?

Cheers!

Dyelamos

Swapnil Tiwari September 4, 2017

Hi Daniel,

It is not working.

Thank you,

Swapnil Tiwari

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2017

Hi Swapnil,

You are using this code inside of a scripted field, correct? Which version of ScriptRunner are you using?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events