Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure: Possible to hide parents that do not have children?

urinal-cake July 28, 2021

Hi there, I am currently attempting to create a hierarchical Structure for everyone on my team. Unfortunately, because Transformations do not appear to be supported for Structure for Jira Cloud just yet, I am having to include this in my Automation functions (I'll come back to this.)

I would like to create a nested view of issues for each person on my team that follows the business rule of "seeing only your work, and subsequent parents of your work, regardless of their owner."

Currently, I have Issue type A displayed on level 1, and Issue type B displayed on level 2. Type B issues are filtered to only be those assigned to me (this has to be done by explicitly stating the user.) Type A issues are currently not filtered to only be those assigned to me.

However, I would like to hide Type A issues from my Structure if their Type B issues do not exist (or ideally, are closed.)

For example:

• Issue #1 - Assigned to John Smith
    • Issue #2 - Assigned to Mike Sanders
  • Issue #3 - Assigned to Mike Sanders
    • Issue #4 - Assigned to Mike Sanders
  • Issue #5 - Assigned to John Smith
    • Issue #6 - Assigned to John Smith

In my structure, Issues #1 - #4 would show, but Issue #5 (and subsequently Issue #6) would not.

This is an attempt to replicate the behavior of nested WIQL queries to produce scoped hierarchical work item lists within Azure DevOps or TFS.

Here are the current Automation functions I have:
(Filter) Filter issues: type in (Task, Sub-task) and assignee = Mike Sanders

(Extend) Add sub-tasks

(Insert) Insert issues: sprint in openSprints() and project = <ourProject> and type = Story

Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you.

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dima Kuzmin _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 29, 2021

Are you sure that the filter generator is applied to all levels?

urinal-cake July 29, 2021

It was not applied to all levels, I missed that, sorry. Thank you! That has created the functionality I want.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Dima Kuzmin _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 29, 2021

Hello,

Dmitrii with ALM Works here.

You'll be able to hide parent issues (Type A), if their children (Type B) are closed, by entering the following JQL into your Filter generator:

type in (Task, Sub-task) and assignee = Mike Sanders and status!=Done

Make sure to set filter's scope to 'All levels'.

Kind regards,
Dmitrii

urinal-cake July 29, 2021

Dmitrii,

My filter generator already had that, except for

status != Done

This did not work, and I'm still seeing all issues, regardless of whether they have tasks assigned to me or not.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events