Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Set issue security level based on user's project role' post-function not working?

Maxwell Dykes September 20, 2017

I'm trying to limit issue visibility to a certain group by issue type. I think I found a workaround to doing this with a script, which involves using the 'Set issue security level based on user's project role' post-function  The problem is that this post-function isn't working.

What I'm doing is creating 2 groups (Group A and Group B) and assigning each group to a different project role (Role A and Role B).  I've created an issue security scheme with two levels (Level A and Level B, with Level B as the default). Level A is only visible to Group A, and Level B is visible to both Group A and Group B. I then created a workflow and added the post-function in the creation transition. The post-function changes the security level to Level A if the current user is in Role A. Then I made a workflow scheme that assigns all issue types except Story to the workflow and all Stories to a default workflow.  The goal is that all issue types other than Story are raised to Level A when I create them (I'm in Group A), so that only Group A can see them. But, as mentioned, the post-function doesn't work.  Adding other post-functions to the creation transition work fine though. Just this post-function doesn't work.

Has anyone else had problems with this post-function? Or do you have any other suggestions for me?

I'm using the Cloud version of Jira.

Thanks for any help.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
AKBAR February 22, 2022

@Maxwell Dykes 

Please go through the below link for further clarity. I don't believe in it though.. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issue-security-level-not-set-when-the-function-added-in-create-issue-post-function-393282993.html

Cheers,

Akbar. 

0 votes
AKBAR February 22, 2022

@Maxwell Dykes 

Yes, today I tried to use the Same Post-function available in the Workflows. It didn't work for me too. 

Since 2017, it is not fixed it seems. 

I guess there would be no better approach than what you've done. 

Thanks. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events