Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service schedule conflicts between xporter and scriptrunner/groovy

Matt B March 13, 2019

Hi,

I've been working with scriptrunner for a while now and decided that I wanted to run one of my scripts as a service. So I setup my service following this and everything was fine until another add-on's schedule ran.

Every morning the add-on Xporter sends a report until today. Xporter  is set to run everyday at 9am and the groovy script is setup to run every hour. This morning Xporter silently died and my groovy script is now getting a nullpointerexception.

The script was running fine yesterday and it works in the script console, it's just the scheduled job that's having the issue.

When you re-create the groovy scheduled service in the GUI it works fine, it's like these schedules are sharing id's or handlers since they're running at the same time.

Any ideas on what could be causing these two schedules to fail?

Here's the stacktrace for my groovy script:

2019-03-13 09:00:07,158 Caesium-1-1 ERROR anonymous    Automated Ticketing Engine [c.o.jira.groovy.GroovyService] Script service failed: /path/to/script.groovy
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:210)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.CreateAttachmentParamsBean$Builder.build(CreateAttachmentParamsBean.java:218)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.CreateAttachmentParamsBean$Builder$build$4.call(Unknown Source)
	at org.projecthaystack.client.ticketEngine.takeScreenshot(ticketEngine.groovy:157)
	at org.projecthaystack.client.ticketEngine$takeScreenshot.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at org.projecthaystack.client.ticketEngine.run(ticketEngine.groovy:240)

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Inês Silva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2019

Hi Matt,

For similar situations, please open a ticket in our Service Desk so we can help you as soon as possible.

Our team is always happy to help!

Best regards,
Xporter Team

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events