cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting Checkbox Behaviour using Scriptrunner

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

OK here is my issues.  I have a situation where I want to make a field required when a user checks a check box.  For this discussion my checkbox field is checkBoxField with a single choice of Yes.  The field I want to make required is requiredTextField.  I am using the Behaviours add-on of  Scriptrunner wit the following Configuration:

The behavior is mapped to ProjectA:Story

Validation Script attached to checkBoxField

Here is my script. 

def description = getFieldByName("requiredTextField")
def checkBox = getFieldById(getFieldChanged())

def selectedOption = checkBox.getValue() as String
def isYesSelected = selectedOption == "Yes"

description.setRequired(isYesSelected)

I've done this before with select lists but for some reason the checkbox is kicking my butt. Any help and/or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  .pd

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joanna Choules
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Hi Peter,

What is the exact problem you are experiencing? Is the text field not correctly getting set as required? I've tried reproducing your setup on my local Jira instance and it's working correctly, but it may be that my configuration is different to yours in some important respect.

Thanks,

Jake

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

To reproduce on my system (not that it will be the same as yours)

1. navigate to the correct project.

2. Open an existing Story.

3. Click the Edit Issue button.

4. Click the correct tab.

5. Scroll down and check the checkbox.

the requiredTextField is not required.

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2017

@Joanna Choules, thanks for the confirmation that the script works.  I found a typo in the field name.  Fixing this fixed the problem.  

.pd

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events