Scripted fields questions

Garden16_ January 29, 2023

I have field  name business requirements which is a scripted felid.

The jql queries all the requirements, user stories  issue type for a particular project 

If I I have to use this field for other projects how do I use it.

I want the feild to display only user stories related to that particular project but only 

how do I specialize the query and stil use the same feild across project 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2023

Is this for DC (server) or Cloud?

Garden16_ January 31, 2023

DC server 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2023

Ok, then your scripted field should have its "context" modified so that it appears in all the projects that you want to add it to. 

Go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom fields, find it in the list and look for the "configure" option against the field.

Garden16_ February 2, 2023

Issue type Enhancement" ,"User Story","Business Requirements") AND project = " Project A"

This is the current configuration for scripted field. However, If I Use the same JQL for different project, lets say Project B ,  even though I configure it using the context, it will show the requirements from Project A only. 

I wanted to use the same field and have it display requirements for Project B when the requirement's scripted field is used in Project B.

How do I make the JQL query  specific to a Project and still use the scripted field across multiple projects .

Issue type  in Enhancement" ,"User Story","Business Requirements") AND project = " Project A","Project B" 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2023

If you only want to look at Project B, then just add "and project = B" to the query.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events