Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

ScriptRunner - make Multicheckboxes option read-only

Hello guys,

I have been searching a a lot and I could not find a good code / answer about my feature I've been trying to implement.

I just used a simple "Checkbox" field and fill it with options, then I fill it with default values using jira native custom field manager.

The only think I want to add (and I think it possible and easy enough using SR) is make my default values that I've picked earlier read only so users wont be able to deselect them.

basically Its a checkbox list with default and unchangeable options and a few changeable optiosn.

Thanks for help!

Daniel.

1 answer

Hi @Daniel Ben Eliyahu ,

Here is a script to restrict options in the picker

https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/set-behaviour-multi-and-single-select-options-and-value

If you can make your values default values, you can then just limit the values to users. Needs little tweaking, but may work :)

unfortunately I am quiet a novice on script runner.

I know for sure that in JS that command to make an option read only is:

document.getElementById("summary-label")disabled=true

not sure how to figure it out on groovy.

I just solved it by creating another checkbox field with the same name and with the options I want to check on default, then used SR behaviors  to make it read-only.

Could not find any solution regarding my case at all.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

102 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you