ScriptRunner for Bitbucket - Auto-add reviewers PRs with changes to specific paths

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2018

I've been using ScriptRunner for Jira for a long time now, but I've just started using ScriptRunner for Bitbucket and I'm having some issues trying to figure out how to write conditions properly. I'm currently trying to add a condition to auto-add a particular user as a reviewer for a PR if there are changes to a specific path using the "Auto add reviewers to pull requests" event handler (documented here).

For testing, I'm just trying add myself as a reviewer. This is current groovy script I'm using as a condition:

pathsMatch('glob:repo/path/to/file/**') || pathsMatch('glob:repo/other/path/for/auto/add/**')

I have also tried this:

def pullRequest = event.pullRequest

pullRequest.pathsMatch('glob:repo/path/to/file/**', pullRequest.getCommits()) || pullRequest.pathsMatch('glob:repo/other/path/for/auto/add/**', pullRequest.getCommits())

These scripted conditions aren't working for me, though. Am I using an incorrect syntax? I also don't understand if I'm supposed to be include the repo name or not if this script event handler is configured on a single repo.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2018

I was able to figure this out. The syntax inside the pathsMatch() function should not include the repo name as part of the path name. In my first example above, I just shouldn't have included "repo" in the path name.

I also realized that the reviewer is added to the "Reviewers" field before the PR is actually created, not after, so that was helpful in troubleshooting. I was also trying to add myself as a reviewer to my own PRs, but you can't add yourself as a reviewer on your own PRs, so that was another issue. :)

M Bleyer February 3, 2023

I am trying to do the same thing, what was the exact code you used in the end?

E.g. this also worked for me:

event.pullRequest.pathsMatch("glob:**substring_in_pathname**")
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events