Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScriptRunner -Custom Script to auto-route tickets based on custom JQL to a specific Epic ticket

Daniel Mendes September 26, 2017

Hi!

I need help in writing a custom code for automatically picking up all tickets that apply to a specific JQL filter results and move them into a specific Epic ticket ('Test-1' where 'Epic Name' = 'Incidents'). This should only apply to 'Project X'.

Is this achievable via custom script or do you see any other way of doing this automatically?

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Daniel, the non-scripting route would be a Bulk update of the JQL search results.  You can update the Epic Link field through the wizard.

Thanks Peter. The bulk edit is the Business current course of action on those tickets. They are still looking for an auto update solution it seems. If there's any...

Thanks.

0 votes
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2017

I am not sure if you can automatically do this with ScriptRunner, since it seems to be an outstanding feature request on our support portal here. You might be able to hack something together using MoveIssueBean, but it seems rather complicated based on previous discussion.

You can already do bulk changes based on specific JQL filters in JIRA (go to your issues, do a JQL search, click Tools, click Bulk Change), but I don't think there is a way to set this up to run automatically based on a custom script. Perhaps @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- can chime in...

Thanks for the reply Joshua. Sorry, I had to edit the question as I had it wrong the first time. Let me know. Thanks again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

I think, but have not tried, writing a scripted custom listener, although I don't think I'd use JQL.  It could catch the "create" event, check the rules and then set the "epic link" field to the right Epic.

(I think the original question was about moving issues, which I'd never attempt to write myself!)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events