Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Script Runner] fast track transition when linked issuetype = XYZ

Ankit Patel February 7, 2018

I am trying to integrate multiple workflows and one of the conditions I am trying to setup is that , workflow A triggers an issue creation for workflow B, however, when the new issue gets created in workflow B, I want it to drop directly in the "In progress" Status instead of "To-Do". how would i write up this condition in scriptrunner? 

Note - workflow/issuetype B is also used independently. 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Mariano Galán Martín February 7, 2018

You can use the "fast track transition" script postfunction of script runner in the create tansition of the workflow B ... 

Captura.PNG

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

I think you should add a customfield which will let you distinguish if the issue was created from workflow A or independently. Then you could use this custom field in your condition. For example, let 's say you create a field called "createStatus". And you fill it with value 1 if it is created from the workfow A and with value 2 if it is created independently. Then your condition would look like this:

def createStatus = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCusomFieldObjectByName("createStatus")

issue.getCustomFieldValue(createStatus) == 1
Ankit Patel February 8, 2018

Thank you for the approach @Alexey Matveev , this i the one I would like to pursue. However, I am trying to setup the custom field here but again am stuck with the scripting part, I looked up the Scriptrunner documentation but could not find how to identify an issue if it is generated by another workflow or initiated by the current version.

Could you possibly point me in right direction if this data exists somewhere please?

Thanks

Ankit

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2018

You should create a usual custom field, not a scripted field. And then fill it in the post function which you use for creating issues from your workflow. How do you create issues from the workflow? What plugin do you use?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events