Return field names based on value

Clayton Chancey September 7, 2017

I have a number of custom fields (radio buttons) with simple Yes/No values attached to them. I need a scripted field to return the field names of all fields in that issue with a "Yes" value.

I imagine this is pretty easy to accomplish but am having a tough time. Any help would be so greatly appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2017

Hi Clayton,

This is totally achievable. I've written the below script which will work in your scenario with a few minor modifications:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

// Define resources
def customFieldMgr = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

// Do away with this in the field
def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()

// Define the fields we want to check
def questions = ["First Question",
"Second Question",
"Third Question"] // <-- Change these for the names of the fields you want to check

def result = []

// Check the result of those fields and build output.
questions.each {
def field = customFieldMgr.getCustomFieldObjectByName(it)
if (field) {
def opt = issue.getCustomFieldValue(field)
if (opt && opt.getValue() == "Yes") {
result.add(it)
}
}
}

result

All you need to do is change the values in the questions variable to the names of your radio fields that you wish to check. This script should then work for you.

I hope this helps! Just reply if you have any questions :-)

Clayton Chancey September 8, 2017

Thank you! That is exactly what I'm looking for. Also really helpful, as I am trying to learn to implement Script Runner on a deeper level that the built-in scripts/JQL functionality. This is very clear and helpful. Thank you so much!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events