Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove "None" from cascading select list

Krithica Gowri Shankar December 15, 2017

Hi,

I’d like the “none” option removed from the second dropdown(child list) in the cascading field.

Also, I’d like to set a default value for the child list.

Like, if i choose option A in parent list, by default option B should be set in the create form and also user should be able to change the child option as well as parent option.

I am using below behaviour script which sets the field value in the create issue form. But when i am trying to change the value it is again setting the value from script and does not accepts the one i choose. 

"

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def optionsManager = ComponentAccessor.getOptionsManager()
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

def emailtype = "Email Types"
def email = getFieldByName(emailtype)
def customField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName(emailtype)
def fieldConfig = customField.getRelevantConfig(getIssueContext())

log.debug("email" + email.getValue())

def options = optionsManager.getOptions(fieldConfig)
def parentOption = options.find {it.value == "Test Store"}
def childOption = parentOption?.childOptions?.find {it.value == "Promotional"}

if (email.getValue() =~ parentOption)
{
email.setFormValue([parentOption.optionId, childOption.optionId])
}"

If i choose "Test Store" in parent list it automatically sets the child to "Promotional". But i have other options in child and when i choose the other options, it is again setting to "Promotional". The same is happening for parent list.

I need Promotional to be default if i select Test store in the parent list initially and if i change the options it should change and not default to the one in the script.

Kindly let me know how to solve this. Also let me know how to remove none from the child list.

Thank You,

Krithica

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

Hi ,

for none option , try to customize by deleting the common.words.none in this file template

JIRA_HOME\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\fields\edit\edit-cascadingselect.vm

For the default value ,i think  you could just order the options and put the default value in the first.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events