Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickfilter on current story/epic?

KalleMeier December 29, 2022

I have a complex board with epics, stories and subtasks. To simplify working I would like to have a quick filter that only shows the current swimlane with the selected story and it´s subtasks(optional) in the board, so that all other swimlanes disappear and only the current lane with its stories remain.

Is there any way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The only way to do this would be to set up quick-filters that match each one of your swimlanes.  

If you are doing swimlanes by Stories, Projects, Assignees, or Epics, then there is no concept of "current", so you can't create filters for it.

Some boards do have code that generates automatic quick-filters, which do this for "assignee", but you can't do that coding in JQL.

KalleMeier December 31, 2022

Thanks for your answer - I hoped that there is something like a var with the currently active Story ID that could be used.

Ok, I guess then writing your own JQL function e.g. in Scriptrunner would be the only way

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2022

There's no way you can do that.  The variables on issues do not include a dynamic "current" value, because there is no such thing.  You can't write a function for it in Scriptrunner, because a function can't know what the settings of the board are.

Like KalleMeier likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events